Want More Business Referrals?
If you’re a business owner looking for a quick read, “The Referral Engine” written by business guru, John Jantsch should be at the top of your “must read list”.
John Jantsch is an award winning author of another popular marketing book, “Duct Tape Marketing” and has extensive experience in the social media realm.
One of John’s primary points in this book is that too often business owners focus on getting new business rather than referrals. Referrals have always been the cornerstone of any established business and should be a part of your marketing strategy. A business that has a steady flow of referral business is almost guaranteed to succeed in this challenging business climate.
One part of the book I enjoyed most, were the real world examples of how small businesses can use different referral programs to increase their business and reach more customers.
- Jantsch talks about the golf driving range owner that gives member’s coupons for “Free Range Time” which can be used to bring friends to the club.
- A retail store offered a referral club to it’s customers and rewarded existing customers by giving them a certificate which gave them $20 off of their next $100 purchase.
Independent Business Owner Examples:
- A savvy financial planner that had his customer’s car meticulously detailed during a visit for financial services. The customer told all of his friends of course which led to increased business for the financial planner.
- A dentist with a sweet tooth installed a kitchen with an oven to bake cookies for patients. This created a buzz (not just from the sugar) that led to new patients.
Service Business Examples:
- A maid service actually sent out fake $100 bills on Valentine’s day to be given out to friends for $100 off their first cleaning.
- A trainer awarded a free trip to Cancun for the person that was able to refer the most clients in a year. This must have created quite the frenzy for the potential to win such a wonderful trip!
Who Should Buy This Book?
If you’re an entrepreneur or established business owner looking for ways to grow your business, this book is for you. It makes you think in a totally different way when it comes to generating referral business. After reading this book you will never look at referrals the same again.
Put a few of these tips to use and I’m sure you will see an increase in business. I know that I am excited to put some of these great tips to work in my business!
Was this Book Review Helpful?
If this review has helped you in any way, PLEASE share it with at least one other person you know… Thanks!